Thursday, March 23, 2006

This is your brain after miscarriages




The nurse from SIL's office called the other day and told me my numbers from Monday. I knew in the back of my mind I should go right then and write it down but I didn't. So when I finally extracted myself from playing with the Little Miss, I was suddenly brain blank and I could not for the life of me remember the number. So I dreamed up 81. It sounded pretty good.

This morning the nice nurse from the OB's office called. She sad she just wanted to make sure that everything was resolved from my bleeding issues last week. She mentioned that they got my numbers from Monday - 64. Even better than I thought. Although I'm still having light bleeding off and on which makes my heart stop every time I see it. Is it too much to ask to have a pregnancy with absolutely, positively NO bleeding?

I spent a while last night with some light reading: my insurance coverage book. Lorem recently recommended the book How to be a Successful Fertility Patient, mainly for the chapter on dealing with insurance companies. I haven't made it through the book yet - I'm still working my way through the insurance chapter. But it looks like it's got some good, relavant information. Anyway, my insurance specifically excludes coverage for infertility but under their list of specific inclusions, it lists "Infertility Diagnostic Testing". Which sounds like J's sperm analysis should have been covered. The book recommends calling or writing the insurance company to obtain information (in writing) about specific coverages. So that's my task today: to find out specifically what diagnostic testing they'll pay for.

No comments: