Friday, March 03, 2006

Progress

I just noticed: this is my 101st post!

I have only light spotting today. I was able to get back on my usual machine at the gym and do my old workout, albeit at level 1 instead of 5. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be back up to my usual. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I'd really like to knock off 5 more pounds. The older I get, the harder that seems to be to do. It didn't help that J brought me a box of chocolates to cheer to me up. Thoughtful and appreciated in spirit at least. It would be very heartless of me to not eat it, now wouldn't it?!

I just got back from the Methodist church's annual Rummage Sale. I love those things! I am a yard saler to the very core. Not only can I not bear to shop retail, I can't even shop sales. Although I did make an exception last week. A friend took me to Kohl's to try and get me out and cheer me up and we saw the cutest little bathing suit. We thought it was priced $27. Turns out, it was $27 PER PIECE. Didn't figure that out till they were ringing me up. But I decided to keep it. Very rarely does something jump out at me and I decided I wanted to treat myself. So, normally I shop rummage sales so I can splurge on the ocassional item.

Which brings me to my rant of the day: whining, screaming, crying kids. Now, having my own, I am not nearly so sensitive anymore to this. When it really grates on me though is when it is painfully obvious that the kids are whining, screaming, and crying because they are TIRED. I went to the rummage sale at 2:30pm. I realize that not every kid is on the same nap schedule as mine. But there were half a dozen moms in there that you had to wonder if they even had a nap schedule. Yes, I am very biased and openly critical on this subject. Toddlers and preschoolers can't physically make it all day without rest. Maybe they don't sleep. But they have to rest a while and process all that incredible information they've gleaned during the day. Yes, it's sometimes very inconvenient to have to go straight home so G can nap. But the reward is that when she gets up she is raring to go for another round. So, please Moms: don't subject me or anyone else to your crying, whining, screaming kids when you know good and well that they just need to be home in bed.

Rant ceased. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: