Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dare To Hope

I haven't had anything but spotting since yesterday evening. After my D&C I had spotting for 32 days. I so hope that this doesn't drag out like that. I suppose it's all based on how fast the hormones leave your system.

I came across a poem the other day by Emily Dickenson. She being one of my favorites, I'm surprised I've never seen this one before. Or maybe I have but it only now has a real significance to me. I've always wanted to name use the name Hope for a girl and my hopes of having that girl (or a boy!) someday make this poem even more special to me:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.



No comments: