Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa

My title could be the cries of the newest miracle: Milo. But nope. It's me. Warning: lots of whining ahead....

J has been working A LOT lately. When he's not doing the commercial flying job, he's at the local airport with private students. And in between those he's flying his own airplane around. And Monday he left for a 6 (yes, SIX) day trip. My only consolation is that when he gets off that he'll be home for 6 days straight and if there is any karma in the universe I will ovulate on the earlier side this month and get lucky during that time. Or not.

It's not that I'm complaining about my lot in life. I chose it and would make the same choices over again. It's just that the TWOs are TERRIBLE. Really terrible. I work hard all day to make it as easy as I can. But the fact of the matter is that there are some things that just aren't negotiable and that makes for some long days. Even when J is here, he doesn't really help out. He may play with G for a few minutes but that's about it. All I can say is that I have the profoundest respect for single parents. Because in a very real sense I am one.

I've actually been thinking some lately about getting a job for a few hours a day and finding someone to keep G. I'm sure I wouldn't make anything after expenses but right now it's a tempting option. I wonder if this isn't a common thought for stay at home Moms late in the afternoon when everyone is tired?!

It's been hotter than he** and humid here the last few days. And, as a native Houstonian, I am more than qualified to make that statement. Yesterday I actually took G to the mall of all places so she could run around and play in the cool A/C. She's already been asking to go again today. I've created a monster. But we'll probably go just to get out of the house.

While we're out I'll look around for my sanity. I'm sure I must have left it somewhere around here......

1 comment:

lorem ipsum said...

Forgive yourself. Breathe. My grandfather always used to say, 'Just do the best you can, honey.' And so, dear K., just do the best you can. You're doing great.