Monday, August 21, 2006

Bats in the Belfry: The Conclusion

When last we left off in the bat story, the bat was hiding somewhere in my room. Yesterday evening I decided to open the windows to encourage an exit. I figured the bat was hiding up the chimney. Turns out he was hiding behind the blinds on the window I went to open. I have a nice bruise on my forehead in the shape of a window-sill to prove that I moved faster when he flew out. He flew right to the door and stayed there. He moved over a little bit more onto the wall when I opened the door but it was obvious he wasn't flying anywhere anytime soon. So I decided to call a friend of mine and see if her husband could help me out. They came over and, after we persuded her hubby T that killing the bat in the room was not an option, he was able to capture it in a clear plastic box and we took the bat outside and set him free. So now the bat is out of my house. Here are some pictures to prove that I actually had a bat in my room!
The Bat
Jan 3, 2006 - 3 Photos

1 comment:

lorem ipsum said...

Ugh. The only thing worse than a rodent is a flying rodent. Man that thing's ugly. *shudder*

Kudos to Tim for catching it. He looks very proud.