Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Milestone: Four Weeks

It's hard to believe that I am just now today 4 weeks and I've already had three betas done! I feel so much better about this pregnancy than the last one, though, and I wholly attribute that to being able to watch my numbers rise. So, today my beta was at 354, up from 131 on Monday. That's a doubling time of about 33 hours, about the same as from my beta on Friday to Monday. I keep reminding myself that these rapidly rising numbers don't guarantee anything. But for now they give me hope. I'll go in for another beta on Friday. We're leaving for a trip on Saturday (tentatively depending on Ernesto!), so I probably won't get to check it again till the Friday after that.

I have no real symptoms yet. I remember with G that the symptoms didn't manifest themselves until about 6 weeks. I remember every day looking and hoping for signs and I even started to hope that I would start barfing, just to make myself "feel" pregnant! After I stop doing the betas I guess my next milestone will be looking for pregnancy symptoms! I have been noticeably more tired the last two days but I could contribute that to my recent sleeping habits. I suspect those habits will be changing in the near future!

4 comments:

Summer said...

There are no guarantees in life, but there are things that are promising and your rising betas are sure promising! I hope things continue to go well for you.

Josefina said...

Hi K!! I've been out of blogland for a while and I find this HUGE surprise!!!!
Well, Let's keep our fingers crossed and please keep us posted!!!
The best of lucks for you, I really really mean it!!!!

lorem ipsum said...

Hey, you're one-tenth the way there! Happy milestone (or kilometer, or decameter, or whatever - wait, weren't we supposed to be all metric by 1980?).

:-)

Dr. Grumbles said...

Congratulations! Hope it keeps progressing nicely!