Sunday, August 27, 2006

Happy and sad

I'm doing pretty good today. I even managed to convince myself not to POAS this morning! Trying to hold out for my second beta tomorrow. I went ahead and put up a ticker on my blog. It says I'm 3w4d and I have 255 days left. That seems like an eternity to me when all I really want to dio is make it to 3w5d right now. The past days have been a real roller coaster for me. One moment I'm up and happy and optimistic; the next I'm down, very low down. I think this pregnancy will be a series of milestones: if I can just double at the next beta, if I can just get to 1000 for the ultrasound, if I can just see a heartbeat. One step at a time.

I've spent a good part of the day today reading about the plane crash in Lexington, KY. It was a 50 passenger commuter jet which is the same kind J flies, only for a different company. I think most people see stories like this and are sad for the passengers' families. I saw the story and immediately thought about the pilots of course, picturing myself in their families' shoes. It's a dangerous, scary world out there.

3 comments:

Lisa P. said...

Wow, resisting the urge to POAS was the hardest part for me... I am proud of you! And is it too soon to say "congrats?" :)

lorem ipsum said...

That does seem like an eternity. But I do like your one step at a time philosophy. I've always been one to extrapolate leaps and bounds, which means I always end up falling on my face.

I actually heard about the plane crash today from Marci; sometimes ignorance is bliss. I'm amazed one person survived. How does that happen??? And yes, everyone thinks of terrorism right off, but sometimes an accident is just an accident. And it's still sad.

But anyway - hang in there, little one, and show the techs your stuff!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hoping for a doubling at the next beta! One step at a time... sounds wise.