Friday, August 25, 2006

The Numbers are In

I decided to go get my beta from the lab this evening since the RE's office didn't call me. The number [drum roll please] is 33.7.

At first I thought: that's low. The more I thought about it though, I realized that any number I heard at this point would have been too low in my mind! So I finally got home and consulted Dr. Google. The lowest numbers I can find are for 14DPO where the average beta is 48 and the range is 17-119. So according to that I am probably okay at this point.

Of course I fully realize that nothing can really be determined until Monday when I get another beta done. Until then I guess I will just have to obsess.

Wow: I just calculated out potential doublings. If I double every 72 hours, I should theoretically top 1000 by the end of next week. So we could be looking at an ultrasound in less than 2 weeks. That's a lot of assumptions in that thinking but for now it will have to do.

1 comment:

Michele C said...

K - Just some reassurance on the numbers. At 9 or 10 dpo 37 is not low at all. With this pregnancy I didn't POAS until 14 dpo and then I got my beta that day. I was something like 105 at 14 dpo which my RE said was a great # and I was "definitely pregnant." I was surpised it was in the 100s because my HPT was so faint when I took the test.

Doubling would take you well over 100 at 14 dpo so those #s sound great.

Good luck and try not to worry too much. I also didn't get too excited in the first few weeks (heck not until 14 weeks)and I think that is normal and healthy.

Take care!

Michele