Sunday, May 28, 2006

Checking In

Still no word from my doc. Was I really so stupid as to believe that he would actually call me on a holiday weekend? Must have been the narcotics. I'm recovering much better today. I actually got up and went to church this morning and then to the in-laws for a holiday BBQ. J's cabin fever finally took over this afternoon and he disappeared to the airport soon after G went down for her nap. I couldn't begrudge him some time off since he's been so good this whole time. I do think it rather funny though: he could not be a stay-at-home dad if his life depended on it! The lesson I learned after my D&C was to not lift anything for at least a week. Or two. So I'm figuring a septum repair carries the same warning label and I'm trying to be good. I did get G out of the crib this afternoon and into the bathtub tonight. Oh yeah, and up onto the changing table once. But no carrying her around. Which of course is the only thing she wants right now and it just breaks my heart to have cry "Mama hold you". But I am feeling much better and my belly doesn't hurt nearly as bad. Tomorrow I might actually clean up the house! With no lifting of course.

I have to admit that I did get a bit depressed during this whole episode. I don't have a lot of close friends to begin with but I do have a few friends and family here close by. One of my friends came over Friday evening bearing jello (a staple, I've learned, after surgery) for a quick visit. That meant so much to me, just to have human contact beyond J and G. But that was it. I know I shouldn't complain but this is my blog where I can vent so I'm venting my petty little frustrations here so that my family won't have to deal with them. But I'm curious: if you were in my situation, would you want visitors? If the roles were reversed, would you make an effort to visit? Sometimes I think that people just get too wrapped up in their own lives to stop and think what impact they have on others. I can't pass judgement too quickly though because I probably do the same thing. This whole experience made me stop and think how I might do things differently in the future.

Okay, it's back to bed for me. I've definitely overdone it today and my belly is feeling it.

1 comment:

Josefina said...

I don't know, I can say now "yes, I'd sure visited you", but it's easy to say it like that, and there are so many times I have been a bad person and not visited friends...but then again, there's always the phone I think! So a little call won't hurt anyone!!
I hope you feel better and not so alone!!!!!
Best wishes from the distance!!!