Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You Think......?!

I can assure you with great certainty that this pregnancy is making itself felt! I never knew it was possible to be so tired while continuing to function at some level. Naps are no longer a nicety; they are an absolute necessity if I want to make it past 7pm. I am peeing buckets. This morning, I went to put on one of my skirts that has always been a little too big for me, only to discover that there was no question of tucking in my shirt and even then I had to hold in my belly just to button it.

So, being the avid googler that I am when faced with uncertainties, I inquired from Mr. Google what the early symptoms of a twin pregnancy might be. Among others, they include normal pregnancy symptoms intensified very early on (including frequent urination and tiredness) and measuring larger earlier.

The whole clothes issue has me concerned. I remember from last year's pregnancy (which is on the same timeline as this one almost to the day) that my clothes started getting a little snug around the Little Miss's birthday (2/25) and the day before I started spotting (3/4) I had to get my maternity pants out. So, the pants getting snug at 5.5 weeks is a bit extreme, don't you think?

I know that it is most likely just bloating and the extreme tiredness is due to the fact that my sinus problems have resurfaced. But I felt like I wanted to record my suspicions about a possible twin pregnancy in case it happens. That way I can say that I knew it all along. If it doesn't happen I can chalk it up to hormones.

No comments: