Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Stop and Think

I had my blood draw today but I wasn't able to go back to the lab to get the results and the OB didn't call so I'm still in the dark. My spotting continues mostly red and heavier but still only when I wipe. I had cramping last night but nothing since then. The wait continues. I've written out a list of questions for when my OB calls which I'm hoping will be tomorrow morning.

I posted the email that I sent out yesterday and I wanted to share one of the responses I got.

I have a friend/acquaintance that I used to work with. When I started my job in Ohio, she had been there about 6 months and we immediately hit it off. We had a lot in common both on the job and off. We didn't spend time together outside work, but we had a lot of time at work to sit and chat. She followed my TTC journey the first time around and her son is actually 6 weeks younger than G. She continues to work there and we have kept in touch off and on. Upon ocassion J and I will be near her work and we'll give her a call to go to lunch. I think once or twice she's actually shown up. Invariably, she will say yes, she'll be there. Then 5 or 10 minutes later, she'll call with some excuse why she can't come. At first I would get pissed. Then I started taking it in stride and I would invite her just for the laugh we'd get betting on what kind of excuse she'd come up with. So, the Friday before I started spotting, we called her up and went through the routine. As expected, she called back with an excuse. We went to lunch by ourselves and had a very nice laugh over it.

Anyway, she sent me an email reply to my message which was very touching and comforting as she told me what a strong woman she thinks I am. I've never thought of myself in that way and it gave me pause for thought. But what I thought was the most telling was this sentence:


I wish we would have gotten together on Friday instead of us re-doing our family room in 1 weekend. I know getting together wouldn't have changed anything but it would have made me feel better.


I wanted to share this with you because it really made me stop and realize how important it is to make time for friends and family. It's important to include them in our lives as more than just spectators. Because you just never know what's around the next corner.

No comments: