Sunday, February 26, 2006

Roller Coaster

Life has been quite a roller coaster this weekend. We watched a movie Friday night and after that I got up to go to bed and was suddenly overcome by some of the worst nauseau. A few hours later I was having diarrhea and vomitting. This was accompanied by an agonizingly achy feeling: my whole midsection just ached and my back was killing me. Of course I thought this was the miscarriage except that I was not bleeding, not even spotting at this point. I had some Tylenol 3 in the medicine cabinet but I was afraid to take it, not really knowing 100% certain the status of my "pregnancy". See what I mean about that tiny bug of hope? Even in the worst agony that stupid tiny bug managed to thrive.

When morning finally came I called my OB's office. Since it was Saturday they ended up putting me through to an OB nurse at the hospital who was very nice and sympathetic but could only tell me that I really needed to go in to the ER to determine anything. That was about the last place I felt like being at that point! Plus we had 20 people coming over for G's birthday party and I didn't want to mess that up. I ended up talking to my BIL who is a former OBGyn and he said it sounded like a stomache bug that is going around right now and that I'd probably be okay. Sure enough, I slept decently well last night, had a small bowl of cereal today and feel almost human again.

This morning I am still having some mild cramps and my bleeding has picked up again, even more than on Friday, and I am starting to pass some clots. I will be so glad for my appointment tomorrow to get the ultrasound and see what's there and talk to my OB about where to go from here.

No comments: