Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Who Am I?

I've had some encounters in the last week or so that have really made me start questioning who I am. Not in the sense of why I'm here (I gave up on that one a long time ago!), but more along the lines of what kind of person I am. I've been thinking back to the long distant past 20 something years ago and looking at what kind of person I was then. Comparing that to the kind of person I am now. I can't say that I'm entirely happy with the changes. But then I think, my gosh, it took my 20 years to get this way; do I have to wait another 20 years to be the kind of person I would rather be?

Somehow I think I could change myself faster than that. In fact, I know that I have changed a lot since the Little Miss came along. Having a Polly Parrot shadow you all day every day tends to do that I guess.

I don't really know where I'm going with the post. There's a lot going on upstairs right now and writing usually helps me work it out. I lay in bed most nights hashing it all over in my head. Not the best thing for reducing stress. I hope that things will get better once I see the OB and have some things in hand that I can actually DO. I never have been good at waiting.

No comments: