Thursday, September 14, 2006

I've Decided

Yep, I've made a major decision in the midst of all these hormones. Whether or not this pregnancy works out, this is the end of the road. If it does work out, I'll be happy of course. If it doesn't work out, I'll be content to never have to live through the Terrible Twos again. Ever. Even that will be too soon.

I figured out early on that my daughter was going to be "strong-willed". I try my best to take her in hand and make her do what I want her to do. But what do you do with a 2 1/2 year old when you have a conversation like this:

Me: If you do that again I'm going to spank you.
Her: [does it again while looking me in the eye]
Me: What did I say I was going to do if you did that again?
Her: Give me a spanking [as she bends over and pulls her pants down]

I think it's like a game to her. So today I took her to the Y as usual and tried to drop her off at the Playzone for babysitting while I exercised. She was just not having. I coaxed and cajolled and did everything I could think of. She was not letting go of my leg while screaming at the top of her lungs "I don't want to stay here". Well, what could I do? My mother forced me to stay in a place against my similar protests and it screwed my life up forever and I vowed never to do that to my child. So we turned around and went home. Of course, she cried all the way there that she wanted to go play at the Y.

It's enough to make a sane woman break down and cry. It's enough to make a pregnant, insane one go off the deep end.

No comments: