Saturday, September 23, 2006

7w5d: Things Get Rough

Yesterday was rough. I'm so glad it's over. I've been drinking Coke for about a week now to help with the nausea but I finally had to admit that the caffeine in it was really adversely affecting my sleep. So I went cold turkey yesterday after I found some caffeine-free coke at the grocery store. By evening the nausea was so bad I just wanted to die. By the time I got Gracie to bed I was just dry-heaving because there was absolutely nothing left in my body to heave. But, I was in bed by 10pm and asleep soon after that and I actually got some restful sleep. I was able to stay in bed until almost 9 this morning. Sometime between my 3am bathroom run and the 6:30 run, my nausea just seemed to have disappeared. I feel a little unsteady on my feet today and I can feel the nausea lying in wait for later, but I'm crossing my fingers that today won't be so bad.

1 comment:

Dr. Grumbles said...

ooh...sounds like you have a rough time. OK, that's an understatement. Wish I could make the ickiness vanish...