Monday, September 18, 2006

6w5d: Ultrasound

There's only one and we saw and heard a very strong heartbeat! That's the important information. I forgot to ask what the heartbeat was in the excitement of actually hearing it.

None of the pictures I got shows very much. I like this one because it shows the heartbeat. In the center you can see the baby and the circle to the right of it is the yolk sac. The baby is 11mm.

My next ultrasound is scheduled for next week Wednesday. He didn't have any problem scheduling another one but he kept saying that everthing is looking great.

I'm feeling relieved. It's amazing how much better my nausea has been today. Could be because I've been eating all day. Could be because a huge source of stress has been lifted. There's still the fact that my hormone levels were very high from the start and that will continue to reside in the back of my brain but overall I feel so much better knowing that things, at least for the moment, look really good.

4 comments:

Michele C said...

Yea! Congratulations. You don't know how many times I have checked your blog today. I was so curious if there were twins in there. But one good strong healthy baby is the best news.

Maybe you are farther along than you thought. At 11mm that is measuring in the 7 week zone. Only 5 wk 1 day ntil the first trimester ends.

I am starting my 3rd next week. I can't believe it. I can't tell you how happy I am for you.

M

Trista said...

YAY! Only one and doing so well!

Dr. Grumbles said...

CONGRATS! The HB must be fine if the doc said things were looking good.

Such a lovely little being!

lorem ipsum said...

Okay, I can tell you now. I was pretty concerned about the high numbers. But it looks great! Congrats (and keep it up!)!