Monday, September 11, 2006

5w5d

There's just not a whole lot to write about these days. Every day has taken on a sameness: I'm nauseous most of the day off and on. I'm constipated. The cramping continues to plague me. One day I decided to see if copious amounts of water during the day would help. I drank almost a gallon of water and I still had the cramping, although perhaps just a little less. So I'm trying to drink more water. Except that I've entered a phase that I vividly remember from being pregnant the first time around: I can't stomach the taste of water! How can you not like the taste of water?! I have no idea except that I just can't drink it for some reason. Ginger ale is about the only thing I can get down although I have also been forcing down apple juice (not that it or the apple sauce has helped!).

Okay, did that just sound like a complaint-fest? Because I can assure you, I am not complaining! I'm glad for the symptoms. Alright, alright, I am complaining just a little about the cramping because it's the thing that keeps me in a dither about the viability of this pregnancy. It's just the "unknown" right now and we all know how much I hate the unknown. But while I'm listing symptoms, I'll throw in tender boobs and bloating like you wouldn't believe. The boobs are also getting a bit bigger. And just today my belly started to itch.

I was trying to catch up on some of blog reading today and surfed over to Going It Alone. She just had her almost-10-week scan and the babies look great. Both of them. So I thought: I remember her listing some of her betas; I wonder what they were. Her 16dpo beta was 503. Mine? 955. Her 20dpo beta was 2652. My 22 dpo was 8602. Okay, just for the record, I'm getting really scared now having read that.

In other news, my little girl made the potty 3 out of 3 times this afternoon. I guess we are the way to potty training. Of course, this is the interval of time when it is *so* much more work because I have to be constantly asking "do you need to potty" and this morning there was an accident to clean up. But there's no turning back now.

No comments: