Wednesday, June 21, 2006

CD1

On Jan 6, 2005 I had my IUD removed so that we could start trying for a sibling for G. Here we are 18 months, 14 cycles, 2 m/c, and 1 surgery later. This is the first cycle where I've been hesitant at the start. Supposedly I'm all fixed up now. But can I go through another m/c? That's the big question. Lorem has proved that there are no guarantees. Even when you're supposedly all patched up, you can still lose a pregnancy. Is it possible to prepare oneself for that? Again? There's no question that, come ovulation time, we'll be "trying". But right now I feel rather like I'm on the edge of a precipice that stands at a very deep cavern. So deep you could fall forever.

Okay, enough philosophy. My doc said to call his office on the first day of my cycle "to set everything in motion". I have no idea what all will be involved. I'm assuming some bloodwork at least. I don't know if he'll do a mid-cycle ultrasound to check things out or not. I won't be doing Clomid this cycle but I will be doing progesterone. After Lorem's experience I'm going to insist on a blood test before going off the progesterone. I'll certainly be temping and using OPKs. I guess that's why I feel like I'm on the edge of the unknown: not only do I not know if I'll ever have another baby, I don't even know what's going to go on this cycle. Hopefully they'll call soon and put me out of my misery.

1 comment:

Josefina said...

I agree with you, as much as you can feel everything's ok, there's always the risk of having a m/c again, no one can guarantee nothing!!!!
But well, at least you have a very worried doctor and they'll probably monitor you very closely...
Today I have my gyn appt, and I'm sure he's going to tell me not to worry and blabla bla...
It really sucks this TTC sometimes, don't you think????