Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Can't a girl get a break over here?

It seems like I've spent the last 18 months on Aunt Flo watch. Mostly I've been hoping that she would NOT show up. A few cycles that I've been waiting out, however, I've been eagerly awaiting her arrival. Take this cycle for instance. I was hoping she'd show Saturday. I was sure she'd be here Sunday. I begged for her to come Monday. See, the problem is that, even though I wasn't temping, I was very sure of when I ovulated based on my CM. So 4 days after I thought I ovulated, we stopped using any protection. So now I keep manually moving my ovulation date and it is getting closer and closer to that BD X on the chart. Translated into English: My ovulation was probably later than I first thought and we're now running the risk of an unintended pregnancy if it gets any later. I might not mind except that this cycle I had lots of sinus/allergy problems and I felt completely free to medicate. With drugs and other things! I suppose the other option is that my luteal phase has lengthened. It went from 12 to 13 days last cycle.

The summary of this rambling post is that I have no idea what's going on with my body! I took my temp this morning but the result was ambiguous; it could have been a pre or post ovulation temp. It could have been an LP dip; it could signal the arrival of AF. No way to tell. No way to know. Only thing I can do is wait.

1 comment:

Josefina said...

I've been out of blogland for some days, but I already caught up with your blog!!!! So I'll sum up my comments here:
1) how cool for you to have an airplane! I mean, it would scare me to death to go in one, but knowing the fact that you and J both love airplanes, I find it really really awesome!!!
2) I'm VERY happy for Lorem, she knows that also, but I wanted to say it again!!!!
3) About the insurance, it's so unfair they can "play" with their clients like that!!! At least you're in the "sue everybody" country (I mean it in the good way, I admire how consumer's rights are protected! I mean, it's what I see and hear!! maybe it's a myth! LOL), so maybe you can sue them and then get back a LOT! LOL...
4) About AF, it's so typicall, when you don't want it to come, it comes, and when you (almost) need it, there's no signs of it. I hope it arrives soon, and if not, well, it would be SOOOO good news! I read recently (from a clinic's page) that if you take medicines that soon in a pregnancy, there should be no problem. In fact, if you think about it, half that "pre-AF" time there's not even implantation!! So don't worry, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be, and I'm sure medicines will have no effect! Please keep us informed!!!

Well, this turned out a little long!!!
See ya'!!