Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Miraculous Cure?

After I put G down for her nap today, I sat in my chair feeling more and more crampy and uncomfortable. It was getting to the point that I was about ready to head back to L&D to get checked out. Of course, I hadn't been able to go pick up the wicked jitter-causing medicine, so I decided to just lay down a while and see if that helped. Somewhere along the way I feel asleep (imagine that!) but only for about half an hour because J called to say hi. After I talked to him and got up to pee I realized that I was no longer in pain. My cramping and backache were completely gone! I sat in my chair a while to see if laying down was what did it but the cramps didn't come back. After I got G up I cleaned up the kitchen, made dinner, and did a load of laundry. Still no cramps! My midwife called a while after that to check on me and I told her the story of my miraculous recovery. She was as stumped as I but glad to hear it as she still hasn't received the vaginal culture results and she really wants those before she prescribes anything.

On the one hand I am oh so glad to be free of all that cramping. Even though the FFN test said it wasn't likely I'd go into labor anytime soon, it was still not comforting to be in pain and not know why.

On the other hand, I'm left with the huge question of what caused the cramping in the first place. I can't see that an infection cleared itself up that fast. Which leaves me wondering if an occasionally irritable uterus is just going to be the norm for the next 9 or 10 weeks. It's not that the feeling was unendurable. It's just that I can't imagine feeling like that for 2 months and then having to face hours of labor with that feeling intensified.

So, as with so many other things in my recent history, there are no real answers as yet. But the good news is that my kitchen is clean and the laundry is at least in the dryer!

No comments: