Friday, February 16, 2007

28w4d

Today I bit the bullet and bought tickets for my friend to come visit me after the birth. I knew I would break down and do it! Actually, the price dropped to just a little over $400 so if I look at it in purely financial terms, I'll be getting help for about $100/day. Plus some girlfriend company and a play-mate for G. Not the worst investment I've ever made!

I'm 6.5 months now. 2.5 months to go. Yesterday was a tough day. I got up in the morning feeling like I couldn't breath. I was also worried because the baby didn't seem to be nearly as active as usual. Finally around lunch time I got out my doppler and was reassured with a nice strong heartbeat. Later in the afternoon I tried to take a nap and the baby woke up! She started really moving around, like she was doing acrobatics in there. I noticed a while later that I was able to breath much easier. I think she must have had her head or butt up in my lungs! I also stepped on the scales this morning and I don't think I've gained any weight in the last 2 weeks! I have my next appt next Tuesday and we'll see what the official scales say.

Tomorrow my niece is baby-sitting and J and I are going out on the town. We'll probably be dull and boring and go see a movie and eat out and maybe hit the bookstore. But it will be nice to get out of the house for a while without someone yelling that they have to go potty (someone besides me that is!!!!)

No comments: