Friday, July 14, 2006

Hope, Cruel Hope

I don't understand it. My chart so very clearly showed ovulation earlier this week and all I needed was the temperature rise to confirm it. Instead this morning I got a big plunge. It's like my body really, really tried to ovulate but just didn't succeed for some reason. I hate this roller coaster ride. I do so want to get off but I don't want to look back in a year and wonder what might have been. Still, I wonder how I can continue with these emotional highs and lows and not affect everyone around me. I know: don't make any rash decisions so early in the morning, especially when you haven't slept half the night. For now I am debating about whether to call my doc today or wait until Monday. I suppose some unexplicable, uncontrollable part of me is still holding out hope for some ovulation-confirming signs in a day or two.

1 comment:

Dr. Grumbles said...

Just finding your blog. I relate to many of your gripes. It is all so confusing and frustrating. The more you learn, the more you have to worry you. I hope you get some relief and/or good news soon.