Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Tip (FWIW)

Here's something I recently started doing and I thought I'd share it in case it might benefit someone else. You'll probably think I'm crazy but here goes anyway!

We get fast food about once a week. Okay, sometimes twice but that's all I'm admitting to! We always go to the same place (Micky D's for G and Burger King for me) and we always get the same thing. And you know what? It always costs the same! A while back I was rolling up some of the myriad of loose change that seems to work its way into our house, while racking my brain for a better use for it. So now here's what I do: I have some ziplocs with the name of the fast food place and the cost of our "usual". Then I raid the change jar for exact change. Voila. Not only do I get rid of the change without going to the bank, but I feel like I'm getting a "free" meal since it doesn't come out of my pin money. And as if that wasn't enough, I don't have to explain to the guy at the window why I gave him $10.02 for a meal that cost $3.72.

Now here's the really sad part. The lady at the McD's window apparently knows me now: she no longer counts all the change. She just smiles and tells us to have a good day. Must start cooking at home more :-)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Many years ago I moved to a new city and started a job that required very long hours. I used to hit the McD's on the way home in the evening. I finally had to stop when I pulled up to the order speaker and the disembodied voice said "Good Evening! Your number #2 with a large sprite is ready!" Sigh. I signed up for grocery delivery the next day.