Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Small Miracles

It doesn't take much to make a good day for me:
- I got out of the house for an hour. Granted it was just a trip to Kmart to buy toilet paper and such but still, I got out!
- The plumbers came and went today and left with only $439 of my money. Much, much less than the thousands I was afraid of when they started talking about sawing pipes and cutting up my floor.
- My babysitter called today and her kids are finally over all their illnesses. We were supposed to go last week Thursday. I am only just beginning to realize how important it is for me to get a real break every now and then. Of course, part of tomorrow will be spent cleaning up and out G's room. But at least I won't have someone asking me every 5 minutes "What are you doing Mommy?".
- I had a few sips of wine with dinner tonight. Not enough to make me feel anything but it sure did taste good!

1 comment:

Dr. Grumbles said...

sometimes we need to enjoy little pleasures