Thursday, January 04, 2007

22w3d Checkup

We got a clean bill of health with the midwife this morning. She didn't even say anything about my weight gain. So far I have gained about 22#. If I stick to a pound a week from here on out I should stay below the 40# I gained with G. I'm sure it won't be easy because I have finally hit that point where I feel hungry all the time. It's very hard not to snack, so today at the grocery store I bought lots of fruit to try and encourage myself.

The only minor issue that came up was that I showed some glucose in my urine. She didn't seem to worried about it, especially when I told her that I had had orange juice for breakfast. She said not to have any juice next time and see how that goes. It worries me a little since I borderline failed my one hour glucola test with G. So I am also going to try and be extra careful with the sugar intake from here on out.

I have an appt in another 4 weeks. After that I'll start going every 2 weeks. Is it almost time for that already?! The first trimester of this pregnancy seemed interminable. But now it seems as if things are going so fast! The midwife even talked to me today about possibly taking a childbirth education refresher course.

3 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

Sounds like generally great progress. I say don't fret the weight gain. You have your entire non-pregnant life to worry about weight, now you get a reprieve!

Josefina said...

I hope things are well with the glucose, if not, well that's an excuse for the weight gain!! LOL, like "well it's not my fault, I have a glucose problem" LOL...

laura said...

ugh. i am at 21 weeks and have already gained 20 lbs. its all in my ass too.