Tuesday, January 16, 2007

24 Weeks

I was just reading my 23 Week entry to see what was happening last week. I seem to have suddenly developed this short-term memory loss situation; I can't remember diddly-squat these days. It's particularly bad when I forget what I'm talking about right in the middle of a sentence.

Well, not much new is happening. The baby is still very active. I'm still always very hungry. And I'm still potty-training G. The latter at least is going pretty well. Yesterday we even managed a poop in the potty although we missed that one today.

Sunday G got up from her nap and, in the midst of running around, said her ear hurt. I was apt to dismiss it: this child has *never* had an ear infection in her life. But it kept bugging me that she had said that, so we finally went to visit SIL to check it out. Sure enough, she has a very bad infection for which we are doing ear drops and antibiotics. I think it was particularly hurting her today. Poor kid. Poor mama that has to deal with Poor kid all day!

I have a fair number of May due-date blogs listed in my side bar. I'm not a competitive person by any stretch of the imagination but I am very comparative. I like to read and see what other people are experiencing. Some of the authors of the blogs have had no fertility problems. They write about things I probably would have written about my first time around. I like that perspective; it skips all the pain and heartache it took to get to this point.

Anyway, one of the things I've noticed of late is a tendency to start posting pictures of the budding nursery. I love looking at these rooms all full of brand new things just waiting for a new little being to use them. Well, I thought I should post some "before" pictures of our nursery, a.k.a. the Dumping Room. Right now it's the repository for all of G's outgrown clothes, infant toys, cloth diapers, and who knows what else?! Honestly, I probably won't get to bringing some order to this room till March or April. In the meantime, I've got to clean out the closets in G's room which contain more clothes. The whole clothes issue is becoming a big problem for me. I can't figure out a good way to organize and store them. Not only do I have outgrown clothing, but I've got a fair amount of clothes yet to be worn and I add to that as I find stuff at garage sales and resale. So I have to solve that problem before I can even think about bringing order to the chaos that is currently the nursery. Right now, to be honest, I'm looking forward to the day that I can start to get rid of some of this stuff!



1 comment:

Josefina said...

Well, you sure have some work to do!!
But beneath all those clothes, I think I saw a crib? and some baby furniture?

So maybe after taking all the clothes out, you won't have that much work to do, or will you??

Good luck!